My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

June 29, 2007

Revolutionaries and Kool-aid

Today is Friday June 29th. The day that Steve Jobs revolutionized the wireless world. Admittedly I drink the Apple kool-aid, I have a Macbook Pro (that I am proud to say births all my posts) and 3 iPods, well 4 if you count the one that tragically fell from my motorcycle while speeding down the highway.
She didn't make it. RIP-nano, you will be missed.

So back to Steve and the iPhone. Today, he not only revolutionized the wireless world. But he got people to pay $600 for a cell phone. Unheard of I tell you, completely un-heard-of!

How did he do it? Advertising aside, I want you to watch this video from Cnet, which shows the opening at the New York store.

Apple employees outside, lined up, clapping! It was a premiere, you felt good about buying a phone and spending $600! (I will be buying mine in the next couple months, my cash flow isn't where I would like it to be).

But when I do, I will think back to today. The day that the Apple team, made their customers feel good about spending money with them.

The Selling Point:
Apple believed that the product they where making would revolutionize the industry... and the jury is still out. But they made each and every customer feel important and a VIP for getting one. They had their WHOLE team on board. And while I wasn't in New York to buy an iPhone, when I buy mine in 3 months I bet I will leave with that same enthusiasm. Even though there won't be employees outside cheering my purchase.

So my question to you is this: When was the last time you had customers leaving feeling the same way the new iPhone customers were feeling? When was the last time you cheered to do business with a client? Was it just another client, or did you give them the red carpet treatment?

And when will someone please write a book about the psychology of selling that Apple has employed since the return of Steve Jobs?


Technorati Tags:

No comments: