My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

December 12, 2007

Unique is better than best


Every Friday I enjoy going to Burger King for lunch. But the other day a coworker suggested Hardee's. I scoffed at the idea- why do you want to go to that grease pit? But he insisted they had cleaned up their act.

So we went. I was ready for a huge disappointment, but much to my surprise they had in fact made the whole experience better. In fact it was so overwhelming that I went back the next day! Of course it didn't hurt that they gave me a coupon.

I was please to find the experience the same if not better! They gave me the discount off and let me keep the coupon.

So let's talk burgers. They do it better. Period. They serve them "pub style" half wrapped in paper (that makes a sound just like in the commercials). And they come in a basket. Inside they have guy specific advertising and movie trailers playing by the soda machines . One really neat nich idea is they ask you "for here, or take it with you?" not to go! Brilliant! One more thing--the burgers are all cooked to order, not nuked to order like other places.

So they not only do the burger thing better, but they do it uniquely! I came back for the quality burger but I was more enticed to come back for the uniqueness of the experience.

Here is an idea for you...
In everything you do shooting to be better is always the goal. But when was the last time you aimed to be the most unique?

I received a phone call from a customer the other day thanking me for sending out such "fun" e-mails. She enjoyed trying to figure out what was in each of them by the subject line-which is always unique. I aimed for her attention and chose to be unique to get it.

No comments: