My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

June 8, 2008

The CEO Role

I went dirt track racing last night. I spoke with some of my friends and drivers, but one impressed me.

A driver who had a new car was struggling. What did he do? He called the owner of the chassis company that built the car for help.

What do you think happened? Voicemail? A coupon? (These are the normal responses.)

Nope. The owner of the company came out and drove the car. Wait. Let me point out-- drove it from the back to the front. Twice.

That got me thinking. "What is the role of a CEO/Owner/ President/ Headhoncho?" I answered that question with this simple phrase.
--To imbue the same passion and desire they have and move the company forward. To act as a role model for their customers and employees, and create inspiration.

My advice for you. If you're a President or a CEO and you can't go out into the field or even out of your office-- quit. If you work for a company and your president doesn't live up to that mission statement-- find a new company. There is a reason that small companies grow fast, their owners and creators live the motto I set forth. There is a reason that AppleFans sit with baited breath for a Steve Jobs keynote-- inspiration.


No comments: