My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

June 7, 2008

It's loud in my head

I can't help but share this article from Boing Boing. Now, if you read the article and the comments you can easily dismiss this as an invalid marketing expereiment. Or as some contributors put it- as scam.

But can't a well crafted offer appear like a scam?

I think what we can take away from all of this is that 1800 people walked by and only 28 asked for a note. 28!
I can hear the marketing person already "well we got good response, 1800 people saw our sign." True, but only 28 reacted.

Keep this in mind for your next campaign. Just because they "clicked" or read it, doesn't mean they reacted. The noise that everyone contends with on a daily basis is loud and only getting louder.


No comments: