My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

April 18, 2007

Customer Service climatology


I realize that this is probably my third or fourth post about Blockbuster, but like I said when someone does it right they deserve praise.

I am sure we have all been there, a busy retail store crowded with customers, and lacking in customer service. For some reason, I don't know why, corporations seem to think the best way to save money is to cut the number of employees. And for some reason its always at the busiest times that they seem to be short on help.

Last Friday night I walked into Blockbuster video, it was busy weekend and the store was packed. Yet while I was walking around, I was asked three times if I need any help.

Three times, thats a lot!

When I got to the check out, not only did they have all the registers fully staffed, but someone was helping a customer sign up for Blockbuster Total Access. This is customer service!

The Selling Point:
The next time you rank your company's customer service don't look to a Tuesday night, or times when your slow. Check your customer service levels when you are maxed out on customers, only then will you get a true sense of the areas you are weak and the areas you are strong.


Technorati Tags:

No comments: