My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

April 10, 2007

What's in a name?

Not to long ago I posted about Mr. Movies and their customer service. Today I received a second postcard in the mail with more coupons.

But why does it says 'Resident' in the address line?

The coupons are a good idea don't get me wrong. But if you have my information and are going to send me a direct mail piece, you need to include a name. A missing name could be considered tolerable if this was the first mailing to me or they had just purchased a list for my area.
But its not and I used a couple of the coupons from their previous mailing.
Didn't you track those Mr. Movies?

The Selling Point:
In my last post I picked on the customer service aspect of Mr. Movies and the next time I go back I guess we will see if its improved. Now I am a bit disappointed in their direct mail program.

Is there any pleasing me?

Yes, If your going to spend the money to print a direct mail piece and have coupons included, put your customer's name on it. This will increase participation and your response rates. In this case it would have been particularly helpful since I used the coupons from their previous campaign.

Names always increase participation!


No comments: