My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

February 4, 2007

The difference is in the details

Last month I posted about the importance of a good return policy. I also made a mention of the great customer service I received at Gap. Today I am hear to tell you about how the two converged into another great experience, and the importance of having great salespeople that are customer minded.



Over the Holidays I had received a couple gift cards to Gap, yesterday I purchased a couple sweaters without trying them on. When I got home, they were less than flattering on me. I gathered up my array of gift cards and headed to the mall. When I entered Gap I was enthusiastically greeted and wasn't challenged on the return (I wanted was my money back on the gift cards.) Meghan, the associate that helped me, said it was no problem. I fumbled around with my gift cards to figure out which card it had came from. At which point Meghan jumped in and said "Why don't you give them both to me, I will refund your money and combine the cards."

It took her all of two seconds to do everything, but it was the smallest detail that will keep me coming back. She combined my cards into one, processed my return, and oh yeah--didn't make me feel less than for returning an item.

The Selling Point:
Good customer service, in my opinion, is in the details. I only expected to have my sweaters returned, but I got great service on top of it. Now if Gap would only get its clothing line turned around, I might just be a customer for life.


No comments: