My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 28, 2007

8 Degrees

That was the temperature on the bank sign I passed when I pulled up to the gas station last night. I had finally succumb to the glow of my low fuel light. But as I began to pump my gas I looked down at the nozzle and guess what I saw. Advertising!

Joe, Jack or Jim from the local car dealership had his picture on the nozzle and a bubble that said "Are you tired of filling up your old car? Come see me."

I know I am in the minority when I say this but... I like seeing advertising in unexpected places. And to me a gas pump nozzle is an unexpected place! Of course there are those that will say "Advertising is everywhere and its cluttering up the place." Fine, think what you will. But this didn't interrupt my ability to pump gas or slow down (thankfully) my speed by prompting me to answer all sorts of questions. So it works for me and it fits into the environment nicely by prettying up the otherwise ugly pump nozzle.

The Selling Point: What do you sell? More importantly what do you sell that you could advertise in an unexpected place and catch my attention. That is your challenge this week.

As an aside... I can't remember the name of the car dealership or the salesman because it was 8 degrees outside, unfortunately cold had been the clutter that you could not have anticipated being the reason I didn't pay closer attention to the message.

No comments: