My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 16, 2007

The reason... continued!


Recently I posted about the multiple reasons a customer would or would not choose your company. In that post I mentioned that I was researching the benefits of purchasing from Amazon.com versus a brick and mortar store.

I went with Amazon.com. They offered better pricing, and a discount on a multiple book purchase. Plus they offered FREE shipping! How could I pass that up?

Well the books arrived today!

I am now an Amazon.com customer (at least for book purchases).

The reasons?

1. It was really simple to place my order.
2. They promised it on Wednesday, and it arrived on Tuesday.
3. The beat the competition on price.

The Selling Point: Customers don't come to your business looking for a bad experience. But they are always cautious of it happening. In my opinion, there is two things you can do to with every customer to ensure a positive experience. Keep the sale simple, meaning don't overcomplicate things the first time around. If they like you they will come back. And second, under-promise and over-deliver. I didn't think I would have my books until at least Wednesday, now here it is Tuesday night and I am leafing through them like a kid on Christmas day!

No comments: