My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 25, 2007

King of Cars

Many connotations come to mind when you think "used car salesman". In a few days or so we will be treated to every stereotype imaginable thanks to A&E and a show called King of Cars.

But I can't stop watching this show!?!

Love them or hate them car salesman have taken on certain venier in our society. One that is spilling over into the ranks of other salespeople. Don't get me wrong I like car salesman, heck they are people just like me.

So where do this get this bad rap?

It's inherent in the product they sell. Someone buys a great car from them they tell a friend. Someone buys a lemon from them, and they hold a gathering to rant about how they got "screwed".

I am sorry if I am the first one to admit this, but sales people are tied to the product they sell. Its a fact we all have to live with.

The Selling Point: Love it or hate it the customer sees only the product you sell and not your salespeople. Take this into consideration before planning your next campaign. Perhaps changing the perception of your team in the customers mind will get your people through the door faster.

No comments: