My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 11, 2007

The reason

Every experience someone will have with your company will contain these two words: the reason.

The reason:

someone buys from you is _____.

someone looks elsewhere is _____.

I started buying from them is ____.

I don't buy from you is ____.



In my opinion these are by far the two most powerful words in regards to customer loyalty today. Case in point: I am almost done reading All Marketers Are Liars, by Seth Godin. On a drive home last night I called Nick, a loyal customer of Amazon.com because I wanted to know why he buys from Amazon versus a brick and mortar bookstore. In his response, everything pointed to a positive customer experience (reason #1), excellent price (reason #2), and nothing negative to say about them (reason #3, and the most powerful).

The Selling Point: One of the most important things you can do to increase sales and build customer loyalty is to take a look at your reasons. It's a very intangible thing, but it could be the most powerful component to your company's perception in the marketplace and to you as a salesperson.

No comments: