My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 4, 2007

Global warming and advertisers


With the Al Gore documentary on everyones mind it would appear as though global warming is an in thing right now--for me it has become a growing concern.

I am not going to sit here and preach about what we should and should not be doing environmentally.

I am going to point to the ad that I have pictured here, and say "is it ethical for advertisers and we as marketers to poke fun at global warming to use it to sell shoes?"

The Selling Point: I think all of us in sales and marketing should be well aware of hot button issues within society. It should be our policy to not paint this issues in a negative light, but realize they exist and paint them in a negative manner.

I am open to your comments on this issue!

No comments: