My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 3 seconds. If not, visit
http://mikegerholdt.com
and update your bookmarks.

January 6, 2007

Sales and Service


Brian Carroll makes and excellent point in his book Lead Generation for the Complex Sale, "How you sell me indicates how you will serve me."

I lived this case personally with American Express. I recently signed up for a new card. And sure enough I was approved and had the card within days. (That's how they sold me.) I have yet to use to the card, so when I recieved a bill in the mail for a membership fee that I thought was waived for the first year I was irate! However, I called them and we straightened everything out immediately. No supervisor to speak with or anything. The first person that answered my call is the SAME person that resolved my issue. (That is how they serviced me.)

This principal relates to a previous post I had on return policies, have knowledgeable people who can answer/resolve the conflict immediately.

The Selling Point: Take a page from American Express, do customer service right the first time. Have knowledgeable people that will service the customer with the same level you spent selling the customer.

No comments: